Thursday, January 27, 2011

Gearing Up.

iPod.... synched.
Rosary... packed.
Mind... restless.
Suitcase... (almost) ready.

In just a few hours, I'll be getting on a bus with 90(!) other Auburn students and heading to Nashville for FOCUS Conference 2011! God is going to do some big things at this conference, and I can't wait to witness it!

Also present will be my Mom, my Grandma, and my two older sisters, Amanda and CeeCee.

I am excited for the impending mini-family reunion, and all of the other awesome things that are going to happen. I think my grandmother is going to be blown away. She is a devout and practicing Catholic, but hasn't been exposed to the vibrancy and life of the Church of late. There will be hundreds of college students who not only know who Jesus is, but are madly and passionately in love with Him, and are laying down every bit of themselves to glorify and serve Him. It is beautiful.

I think getting to see that is going to encourage, enliven, and inspire my Grandma (a.k.a. G-unit). I have a feeling the Holy Spirit is going to be moving a lot in my family... Pray that it may be so!


Now if I could only get my suitcase to pack itself...


1 comment:

Terese D. said...

Hey Allie. I'm glad you had fun at FOCUS conference! I did too, only in Denver.

Update us on this post -- how did your family, especially G-unit, like the conference? Was it as powerful for her as it was for you?

Miss you. Glad to see you're thriving and that God is doing wonderful things through you.

P.S. I thought you should know that I read your blog. I mean, that's what you have it for but I think it's creepy to follow someone's blog without him/her knowing.