Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Answering the Call.

FOCUS Conference was incredible. Any words I have to say are going to cheapen the deep and profound impact it had on my heart, but I will try anyway.

Jesus loves me so much. And He loves you. His love is so faithful. In my smallness, I can't even begin to comprehend His greatness. He is calling out to you, desperately chasing after your heart, desiring to be in your presence, desiring to be carried to others through the tabernacle of your very body.

God knew what He was doing when He created you. That struggle you're going through right now, those questions you're asking (and maybe feel guilty about), He knew you would be there... He created you for this very moment. He didn't make a mistake.

He is calling you to be the person He created you to be. He knows you are capable. Even while you stumble there, He waits-- perfectly patient-- for you to walk in to His open arms.

We spend so much time running away from those arms, as if the things we face there will hurt us.

But that is impossible.
"For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope.When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart, you will find me with you, says the LORD, and I will change your lot; I will gather you together from all the nations and all the places to which I have banished you, says the LORD, and bring you back to the place from which I have exiled you."

What a promise that is. What hope we have! Give thanks to the Lord for He is good... His love is everlasting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!!